We partner with designers around the world to transform their vision into a reality. Through this partnership, we collaborate to create new textiles and products on the backstrap loom.
Customization and Private Labeling
- Customize your entire line: textiles, patterns and product design.
- Our production team will review your design, select thread colors, and discuss the best techniques to produce the design on a backstrap loom.
- Set up a sample making day and receive photos of your designs being created in real time.
- Low minimums on original designs, only 10 units required per design.
- Come visit us! Plan a buying trip and meet our artisan cooperatives we partner with. Learn about the weaving process and work alongside them.
- We ship worldwide!
Sample Making Summary
How it Works
MT will schedule an appointment with a backstrap weaving artisan partner to create the sample textile at MT’s offices in Panajachel. The Sales and Product Development Manager will work with the artisan to begin the design, assuring colors and dimensions are correct. The designer can approve the sample, do one round of revisions on the sample, or reject the sample, costs do apply. The sample making process typically takes 3-4 months to finalize.
MT works with artisan partners to best recreate the submitted textile design on a backstrap loom. Design Partners must complete and submit a MT Textile Design Submission Form for every textile sample they wish to create. This sheet includes all relevant information for the textile using computer-generated specifications. The textile design colors and dimensions must be clearly detailed. An inspiration photo is optional.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on designing process and for general terms.
I am glad I found Maya Traditions. Their artisans are skilled and the organization is organized, which makes working with them a breeze. My products are always beautiful and of the highest quality.